Simple Ways to Improve your Credit Score
|Date Added: December 04, 2009 11:15:16 PM|
| If you have poor credit or credit that does not give you the buying power that you want or need as a consumer you want to improve it so that you can get the lending options that you want when you want them. There are some simple things that you can do to improve your credit; you just need to know what to do and when to do them. Improving your credit score can be simple when you abide by some very simple rules. |
These rules include:
· Be sure that you get credit reports from all three bureaus and check your credit at least twice a year to make sure that there are not any inaccuracies contributing to your low credit score.
· Look through your credit reports and notate all of the items that are not accurate or need to be disputed.
· Fill out dispute forms and write letters to the bureaus to dispute any incorrect information.
· Mail a copy of your letters to the bureaus along with a copy of your credit report, keeping originals of everything.
· Make sure that when you dispute inquiries or charges that you state that you never applied for or used such a credit source.
· Compare all updated credit reports or files to the originals to check for accuracy.
· If items are considered verified after you dispute it, ask for proof as this will often make the creditor discharge the inquiry from your report.
· Pay down all of your unsecured debt and be sure that your credit cards are paid down to no more than 30% of your credit allowance.
· Pay all of your bills on time. Late payments account for 35% of your credit score.
· Don't allow for any inquiries on your credit report unless necessary.
These are all very simple rules to follow but you have to be committed to improving your credit score. If you are not dedicated to improving your credit it will be very hard to sticking to these rules and making them work for you. If you follow them every time though, you'll be in good shape before you know it.