Everything You Need to Know about Support Coordination
What is Support Coordination?
Support Coordination is an NDIS-funded support which helps participants to
understand and utilise various supports and services. It shows you the best path to navigate
the NDIS depending on your needs and goals. But not everyone’s NDIS journey is the same
and neither are their individual needs. Hence, there are three levels of support coordination
that can be included in one’s plan. They are:
• Support Connection
• Support Coordination
• Specialist Support Coordination
What to expect from your Support Coordinator?
• Give information and thereby help you understand your NDIS plan.
• Plan and coordinate ideal supports for the best outcomes.
• Implement and maintain your supports and services.
• Build your confidence and capability to choose and manage your supports.
• Help you and prepare you to face unexpected crisis situations.
• Always act as your supporter and recommend what best suits your needs.
Unless a specific level of support coordination is laid down in your NDIS plan, you are free
to choose the level of support you need. With a skilled support coordinator by your side, you
can achieve specific goals of your choice as well. Contact your service provider to know
more about Support Coordination.